POST 04/29: COUNSELLOR (X2 POSTS)
Grade 1: R547 917 – R608 103 (OSD)
Grade 2: R626 481 – R695 295 (OSD)
Grade 3: R712 950 – R791 253 (OSD)
Labour Centre: Mdantsane Ref No: HR4/4/1/198 (X1 Post)
Labour Centre: Pinetown Ref No: HR 4/4/5/102(X1 Post)
- Four (4) year B Psych qualification or a 4-year B Psych equivalent Qualification.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of Employment Services Act, ILO conventions, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Psychometric assessment.
- Valid Driver’s licence.
- Registration with Health Professional Council of South Africa as a Registered Counsellor (Independent practice) or Psychometrist (Independent practice). Grade 1: 0 (zero) experience. Grade 2: 8 years relevant experience. Grade 3: 16 year’s relevant experience.
- Skills: Counselling, Planning and organising, Communication, Computer, Analytical, Presentation, Interpersonal, Report writing, Leadership, Networking.
- Liaise with different organisations (Government, non-government, non-profit and private) to facilitate employability enhancement interventions for designated groups.
- Provide and implement employment counselling services.
- Provide and implement recruitment, psychometric assessment and selection services.
- Manage operations and personnel recourses of the employment counselling support.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. XT Madikane Tel No: (043) 7613151 Mr. EB Zondi Tel No: (031) 701 7740
Chief Director: Provincial Operations, Private Bag X 9005, East London, 5200 or hand delivered at No. Hill Street, East London
Chief Director: Provincial Operations: P O Box 940, Durban, 4000 or hands deliver at 267 Anton Lambede Street, Royal Hotel Building, Durban
ATTENTION: Human Resources Management, Eastern Cape Sub-directorate: Human Resources Management, Kwazulu-Natal
CLOSING DATE: 19 February 2019 at 16:00
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents. The fully completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies(Not older than 3 months after publication of the advert) of all qualification(s) including a Senior Certificate and ID-document [Driver’s license where applicable]. Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. The Department does not accept applications via fax or email. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification). Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test. All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools. Successful candidates will be appointed on a probation period of 12 months. The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post. Successful candidates will be expected to sign a performance agreement.