POST 04/75: CONTROL ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER GRADE A
REF NO: 150219/02(X2 POSTS)
Branch: Chief Operations Office Mpumalanga Dir: Regulation
SALARY: R468 513 per annum (OSD)
- A Four (4) year Degree or equivalent qualification in Natural or Environmental Sciences.
- A valid driver’s license (attach a certified copy).
- Computer literacy.
- Experience and knowledge of institutional arrangements and legal regime pertaining to Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM).
- People Management.
- Designated as an Environmental Management Inspector.
- Knowledge and understanding of criminal and administrative enforcement.
- Strategic capability and leadership skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Water Act, Water Services Act and related regulations and implementation and enforcement.
- Understanding of the Environmental Law and the environmental compliance and enforcement management system.
- Ability to link technical and legal aspects related to illegal water use and environmental compliance issues.
- Knowledge of Government administration and financial procedures.
- Ability to develop and apply policies.
- Good communication skills, verbal, written and report writing with experience in stakeholder engagement. Sound organizing and planning skills;
- customer focus, networking, conflict management.
- Change Management.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Six (6) years post qualification experience.
- The ability and willingness to travel and work long hours when necessary.
- Provide support in the implementation of policies and strategies to manage sector water use impacts in accordance with the National Water Act, 1998 (Act 36 of 1998) and other Departmental policies and strategies.
- Undertake both routine and special investigations.
- Prepare reports and interpret analytical results.
- Ensure reported alleged illegal water use are recorded on the Cas system and investigated fully with the Enforcement Business Process.
- Compile update the database and case management.
- Interact with law enforcement agencies and other Departments dealing with environmental crime. Respond to client queries within and outside the Department.
- Participate in the Water Use Authorisation Assessment Advisory Committee.
- Give inputs in the projects relevant to the management of water resources initiated by the Department. Provide strategic planning for the SubDirectorate.
- Facilitate training and career development of staff. Supervision of staff. Assist in the establishment and regulation of water management institutions.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Noqayi N.R Tel No: 013-759 7427
Mpumalanga (Mbombela): Please forward your applications quoting the relevant reference number to: The Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X 11259, Mbombela 1200, or hand deliver to the Department of Water and Sanitation at the reception ground floor, Prorom Building, 35 Brown Street – Corner Brown & Paul Kruger Streets, Mbombela. FOR
ATTENTION: Mr MJ Nzima
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.