Clinix Health | Laundry Assistant X2
Closing Date 25 March 2022
To take responsibility for the collection of linen from Nursing Wards/Units, for the sorting and counting of linen, for receiving the linen and for the distribution of linen between the laundry and the Nursing Wards/Units once the linen has been cleaned/delivered.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 or similar level of education essential.
- 0 — I years’ related laundry / administration experience.
- Experience within a private hospital environment (advantageous).
- Computer Literacy.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Check that laundry equipment is in good working order, where relevant, and notify Line Manager immediately should any equipment require service or repair.
- Notify all affected parties if there are problems with equipment and whether delays in providing a laundry service would be experienced.
- Conduct quality checks on all linen on a continuous basis in order to identify items that require mending (or disposal) and escalate to Line Manager immediately.
- Record all linen issued to Nursing Wards/units accurately and ensure the same applies to linen collected from these Wards/Units.
- Ensure that all soiled linen is always removed from the Nursing Wards/Units and kept separate from clean linen.
- Liaise with laundry service provider with regards to the collection and receiving of linen, should the cleaning of linen be outsourced, and ensure that linen items are counted prior to collection by the service provider, and again upon receiving the linen back from the service provider.
- Complete general administrative duties surrounding the provision of the laundry service including the answer of the telephone in a professional manner.