Table of Contents
Clicks | Supervisor Vendor Data Capturing X2
Listing reference: click_014494
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 31 October 2023
Industry: Wholesale & Retail Trade
Job category: Creditors
Location: Cape Town
EE position: Yes
We are looking to recruit a Supervisor to work within the Finance (Accounts Payable) department of Clicks Group Services. The role will be based at Clicks Head Office in Cape Town and will report to the Management Accountant.
To ensure that all supplier invoices are accurately processed to enable payment to suppliers within agreed payment terms whilst ensuring that the necessary invoice verifications are done accurately and on time; Standard Operating procedures are documented, implemented and internal controls are adhered to; identifying and reporting any inefficiencies, risks and deviations.
- Lead the team to ensure daily targets are met consistently and that all invoices are processed accurately, while ensuring that all financial documentation meet the necessary standards with regards to legislative requirements.
- To build a motivated and competent team by providing support, coaching, training and mentoring to staff.
- To complete administrative tasks relating to time and attendance and performance management within required timeframes.
- To deal with all employee relation tasks in a professional manner and timely manner.
- To allocate and plan the work for the team so that the objectives of the business and department is reached, while monitoring the processing of invoices to ensure department KPA and business SLA’s are met.
- To submit accurate weekly and monthly reports, and provide timely and accurate commentary for balance sheet reconciliations in order to provide the business with reasons for fluctuations in movement, and reasons for unresolved items.
- To ensure that all open purchase orders are resolved within the agreed KPA deadlines.
- Processing and preparation of journals when required.
- Preparation of documentation to provide support for audit purposes.
- Testing and sign off of any testing relating to projects directly impacting the team.
- To follow the correct escalation process with regards to non-compliance of DC’s and stores sending documentation to Head Office.
- Managing the expenses for the team to ensure that it is aligned to budgets.
Education and Experience:
- Matric (Grade 12 – Essential)
- Finance relevant qualification
- 2 Years relevant experience in similar position.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Finance background and an understanding of related transactions.
- Legislative requirements pertaining to invoice requirements and POPIA
Job related knowledge:
- PC literacy (MS Office Suite)
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with and communicate at all levels.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- High work standards and accounting ethics
- Ability to follow rules and procedures.
Job related skills:
- Communication and report writing skills.
- People Management skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task on competing and deadline sensitive priorities
- Ability to cope well under pressure and in conflict situations.
- Strong customer/stakeholder service orientation.
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Planning and organising
- Working with people
- Writing and reporting
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Following instructions and procedures