Clicks – Receptionist 2020
Recruiter: Group Services
|Recruiter:||Group Services||Updated on:||2020-02-07 00:00:00|
|Start Date:||2020-02-05||End Date:||2020-02-09|
|AA/EE:||Applicable||Contract||Temporary / Contract|
|Category:||Office Support||Offer:||Market Related|
We are looking to recruit an FTC Receptionist to work within the Group Facilities department. The role will be based at Clicks Head Office in Cape Town and will report to the Supervisor.
Purpose and Objectives
Receive all visitors in a friendly and professional manner and promptly notify the relevant person. Answer the telephone in a professional manner and transfer calls correctly.
• To answer external calls within 3 rings using the standard greeting.
• All messages must be relayed promptly via e-mail or hand-delivered to the correct person using the message standard template.
• To provide correct and accurate directions to the office.
• Ensure that the internal telephone list is kept up to date with accurate information at all times and according to the SLA.
• Transfer telephone calls to the correct extensions at all times.
• Attend to visitors in a prompt, professional and friendly manner.
• Ensure the general tidiness of the reception and waiting area.
• Ensure Visitors Registration Book is completed by all visitors.
• Notify the relevant staff member of their visitor’s presence.
• Ensure the visitors are collected at Reception.
• Excellent customer relation skills.
• Good Presentation and Communication Skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Analytical thinking and in-depth assessment of problems with a solution based thought process.
• To advice where preventative maintenance is required.
• Logging of calls and then following up.
• Maintain an approved list of contractors and assist managing Contractors.
• Advice on Soft Services areas for improvement.
• Ensure compliance with all OHS and Quality related policy and procedure as well as standards set.
• Follow policies and procures.
• Follow all Access Control regulations for visitors.
• Ensure that new staff members have been issued an access card in accordance with the procedure.
• Ensure that record is kept of all access control issues during a period.
• Log and maintain the lost property register.
• Report on any irregularities with Lost Property.
• Administer Lost/Found items – Notify the relevant parties.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Customer Service experience and administration
• A secretarial or telephonist certificate/diploma an advantage
Skills, Abilities and Job-Related Knowledge:
• MS Office
• Knowledge of the telephony systems in place
• Excellent customer relations and people skills
• Ability to plan, organize and control own work effort
• Ability to work under pressure and manage the team to do the same.
• Good communication skills
• Well-groomed and presentable
• Good Timekeeping Skills
• Attention to Detail
• Ability to work during times of change without too much disruption.
• Being able to make a decision based on the knowledge you have and not always refer the problem to another source.
• Ensure that all communications are complete. Must be experienced in liaising with contractors.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, contractors and management.
• Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
• Spotting the problem before it is logged.
• Must be energetic and highly self-motivated
• Must be reliable and approachable
• Must be self-motivated and team-oriented
• Must be friendly, polite and helpful when dealing with customers
• Must be able to work competently under pressure
• Must be service-oriented.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be punctual all the time.