- Reference Number: refs/008760
- Directorate: Cleaning and Support
- Number of posts: 1
- Package: R 145, 281.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries: Mr. A Halters 011 470 9063
- Supervise both male and female cleaners on their day-to-day duties. Maintain a weekly/monthly duty schedule/roster. Daily checking and signing of attendance registers and report absenteeism. Ensure that all staff adheres to the utilizing and wearing of uniforms and personal protective clothing, as well as visible name badges at all times in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensure the monitoring, checking, and updating of cleaning checklists and the 2-hourly Surface Cleaning Schedule in all departments. Conduct random spot checks throughout the entire hospital. Assist with training and orientation of all newly appointed cleaning personnel. Complete documents for the repairs of broken or faulty cleaning equipment and do regular follow-ups on the status of such equipment. Ensure that the proper procedures for segregation, removal, and disposal of General and Healthcare waste are adhered to. Physically observe the weighing process of all medical waste boxes done by the service provider. Ensure that the storage area for medical waste boxes is clean and always locked. Responsible for the internal ordering and receiving of all cleaning material and -aids from stores. Decanting and issuing of cleaning material and equipment to cleaning supervisors and staff. Assist with off duties and allocations of staff in the Cleaning Department. Ordering of uniforms for staff. Perform PMDS (contracting and evaluations) of all relevant staff members according to the PMDS Policy. Ensure that all reports and relevant information pertaining to Cleaning Department are submitted to the Cleaning Managers and/or Cleaning HOD on time. Ensure that all cleaning material and equipment are kept safe at all times. Ensure adherence to office hours and attendance. Perform any other work-related instructions.
- Applications should be submitted on a duly completed new Z83 form obtainable from any government department (the old Z83 form is outdated and will not be considered). An updated CV should be attached. Certified copies of identity documents and qualifications should also be attached. Smart ID Card must be photocopied on both sides. Certification should not be more than six months old. Failure to submit all requested certified documents will result in the application not being considered. Applications should be hand-delivered to Rahima Moosa Mother and Child Hospital, Admin Building, Cnr. Fuel and Oudtshoorn Street, Coronationville or be posted to Private Bag X20, Newclare 2112. It is a legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members be subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) – verification, upon appointment within the Department. This verification process entails reference checks, identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks as well as a credit/financial stability check. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within the OHS Act 85 of 1993. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: RAHIMA MOOSA MOTHER AND CHILD HOSPITAL
Closing Date: 21-05-2021
|Do you have a Grade 10 or equivalent qualification?|
|Do you have a minimum of three years’ experience in the cleaning service environment in the public service?|
|Are you computer literate?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.