City of Johannesburg Bursary Opportunity 2021
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ)is committed to fulfilling its socio-economic mandate by providing training opportunities in the form of Financial Assistance to community recipients, within the Johannesburg metropolitan area who intend pursuing academic studies at a recognized tertiary institution in South Africa and who adhere to the prescribed criteria in order for them to acquire their qualification at a recognized FET and/or HET.
The COJ is offering bursaries to South African youth, who permanently reside in Johannesburg, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies in one of the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Build Environment (Architecture, Construction)
- Local Government Science/Political Science
- Communications/Social Media
- Community Services
- Curatorial Studies
- Emergency Management Services
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Engineering (all Fields)
- Municipal Governance
- Environmental Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Finance (Accounting, Auditing, Small Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Treasury, Economists)
- Quality Assurance
- Public Management
- Geo-Information Science (GIS)
- Quantity SurveyingHealth (Nursing)
- Real Estate (Property Management, Property Valuation)
- Information Technology
- Sports Science
- International Relations and Protocol
- Town and Regional Planning
Criteria for selection
- The selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
- The bursary is for study programmes of no less than one year.
- The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
- The bursary is not applicable for postgraduate qualifications
The Bursary covers
Tuition and registration fees, prescribed books, and/or study material and is limited to the amount of R35000.00 per academic year.
How to Apply
Contact Person: Billy Baloyi, Tel No: (011) 407 6979
A completed application form, proof of residence, a certified copy of IDand Qualificationsand proof of income.