POST 04/77: CHIEF ARTISAN (GRADE A) MECHANICAL FITTERS AND TURNER WELDING
REF NO: 150219/04 NWRI Central Operations Maintenance
SALARY: R365 646 per annum (OSD)
CENTRE: Jericho Dam (Usutu River)
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Appropriate Trade Test Certificate or Appropriate Mechanical orientated trade test in terms of the provision of section 13[h] of the Manpower Act 1981, as amended.
- A valid driver’s licence (Please attach a certified copy).
- Computer literacy (Word Excel, Outlook).
- Planning, organising and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience regarding the compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act workplace is essential.
- Proven experience in staff supervision.
- Project management technical report writing skills.
- Conflict management resolution.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ten (10) years post-qualification experience as an Artisan or Artisan Foreman.
- Ability to work long hours and willingness to travel.
- Candidates may be required to complete a practical and theoretical test.
- Maintenance of bulk raw water infrastructure (dams, reservoirs, pump stations and pipelines) and machinery.
- Implement planned maintenance and update maintenance logbooks.
- Supervise and mentor staff.
- Inspect equipment for technical faults and repair according to standards.
- Service equipment according to schedule.
- Ensure quality assurance in line with specifications.
- Ensure adherence to safety standards, requirements and regulations.
- Compile and submit reports as required.
- Continuous individual development to keep up with new technologies and procedures.
ENQUIRIES: Mr MC Nchabeleng Tel No: (017) 846 6000 59
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications to the Acting Scheme Manager Central Operations NWRI, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X 1004, Usutu River, Amsterdam, 2375. FOR
ATTENTION: Thomo K.E
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.