Table of Contents
CHIEF ADMIN CLERK (2 POSTS)
- Reference Number: refs/018049
- Directorate: Library Services and LTSM
- Number of Posts: 2
- Package: R 294 321 per annum
- Enquiries: Ms. Nonhlanhla Nyovane Tel No: (060) 980 5677
- Grade 12 plus a minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant experience in Administrative Support or Clerical Finance Support. Clear knowledge and application of the Public Service Act, Batho Pele Principles, Public Service Regulations. Knowledge of Ms Office programmes. Good communication skills (verbal and written), planning and organizing, good interpersonal skills. Coping with Pressure. A valid driver’s license.
- Provide an effective office administration support service to LTSM unit. Manage mails, diaries, receive and attend to visitors, and create and maintain manual and electronic filing systems. Management of documentation in the office. Attend general enquiries, compile agendas and take minutes at identified meetings. provide support to four LTSM regional coordinators on all LTSM processes and activities. Type letters memos, presentation, and other correspondences. Organise meetings. Maintain a leave register for the unit. Keep and maintain the incoming and outgoing register of the component. Ensuring budget utilization for Administration budget, Library Services and LTSM. Ensure compilation and submission of Procurement Plans and Cash flows. Monitor payments and generate expenditure reports. Consolidate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- To apply for the positions, please apply online at https://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za. Only online applications will be considered. It is our intention to promote representatively (Race, Gender and Disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this posts. The online applications must be accompanied by a fully completed signed and initialled Z83 form, obtainable from any public service department or on internet at www.dpsa.gov.za /documents, and a detailed CV .
- Applications without the signed and initialled Z83 form and detailed CV will be disqualified. Applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on the application but must submit the Z83 with a detailed Curriculum Vitae. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from Human Resources. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Suitable candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks (positive Identity, qualification, fraud listing, employment reference, and criminal record verification as well as the required level of security clearance process).
- Where applicable, candidate will be subjected to a skills/ knowledge or computer assessment test. All candidates for MMS positions will be required to undergo competency assessment and security clearance. Short-listed candidates will be subjected to a security clearance. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment(s) to the advertised post(s). Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to the underrepresented groups as per the GDE Employment Equity Targets. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. The specific reference number of the post must be quoted. Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Employer: Department of Education
Location: HEAD OFFICE
Closing Date: 14-07-2023
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.