Capitec Bank – Platform as a Service Architect
Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, ZA
Company: Capitec Bank Ltd
- To create optimal, sustainable, resilient, scalable, cost-effective and high performing IT Infrastructure services that meet the company’s vision and objectives
- 8+ years of ICT experience in infrastructure computing environments.
- 5+ years of design and implementation of highly available, enterprise-scale infrastructure services.
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment (Atlassian Stack).
- Experience working with scripting and provisioning tools like Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation DSC or equivalent.
- Experience in supporting and enhancing build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes and existing tools.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience developing and supporting infrastructure and cloud capabilities for microservices-based architectures.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and web services.
- Experience with authentication and Authorization technologies and protocols (LDAP, Kerberos, AD, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML).
- Experience developing and delivering systems on at least one of the following Public Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- 5+ years in AWS, Azure, VMware, Hyper-V, Software Defined Datacentre technologies.
- Experience in engineering data pipelines using Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, etc.
- Grade 12 National Certificate / Vocational
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology or Similar
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology – Computer Science or Similar
- Design and deployment of highly available, enterprise-scale Infrastructure PaaS services.
- Advance knowledge of physical infrastructure concepts, technologies, and patterns. (SAN, VMware, Hyper-V, SDDC, IaC)
- Advance knowledge of messaging and groupware systems (Exchange, SharePoint, O365)
- Advance knowledge of management and monitoring systems (System Center, ECE, Splunk)
- Advance knowledge and hands-on experience with Public Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and Infrastructure as Code capabilities.
- Strong design and hands-on troubleshooting background on at least one of the following Public Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Understanding of Cloud Security technologies and best practices.
- Understanding of Networking.
- Knowledge of JSON templates, PowerShell, CLI’s, Shell, Python.
- Mentoring and coaching methodologies.
- Understanding of modern software engineering patterns, including those used in highly scalable, distributed, and resilient systems.
- Ability to deliver long-term, repeatable solutions that incorporate directly into an overall Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process.
- Verbal Reasoning skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Decision-making skills
- Attention to Detail
- Commercial Thinking Skills
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Applying Expertise and Technology_Displaying Technical Expertise
- Applying Expertise and Technology_Using Computers and Technology
- Creating and Innovating
- Creating and Innovating_Developing Plans
- Creating and Innovating_Displaying Creativity
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Deciding and Initiating Action_Acting Decisively
- Deciding and Initiating Action_Demonstrating Initiative
- Deciding and Initiating Action_Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations_Championing Customer Needs
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations_Delivering High-Quality Work
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations_Meeting Basic Work Expectations
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations_Serving Customers
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts_Acting Strategically
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts_Setting a Strategic Vision
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts_Setting Objectives
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts_Supporting Organisational Goals
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts_Thinking Globally
- Leading and Supervising
- Leading and Supervising_Assembling Talent
- Leading and Supervising_Delegating Responsibility
- Leading and Supervising_Developing Talent
- Leading and supervising_Inspiring and Motivating Others
- Leading and Supervising_Maintaining Objectivity
- Leading and Supervising_Managing Performance
- Leading and supervising_Utilising Feedback
- Planning and Organising
- Planning and Organising_Coordinating Project Activities
- Planning and Organising_Driving Projects to Completion
- Planning and Organising_Managing Resources
- Planning and Organising_Prioritising and Organising Work
- Clear criminal and credit record
- Ability and willingness to work in an open-plan environment
- Willingness to work or be available overtime and/or weekends if required
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is required
Capitec is committed to diversity and, where feasible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals