Capitec Bank | Data Scientist x3 (Cape Town or Johannesburg)
Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, ZA
Company: Capitec Bank Ltd
- To assist in building and delivering the AI strategy to ensure Capitec is able to compete in a fast changing landscape. Data science will be a key strategic differentiator in the future.
- Data scientists will help automate and improve processes, create new products and services and assist with improved decision making based on data.
Proven experience in:
- 2+ years of experience in building machine learning models in Python/R
- Business analysis and requirements gathering
- Reproducible coding experience and working with source control tools e.g. Git, Bitbucket
- Experience in deploying models into production
- Spark, Hadoop or similar big data coding experience
- Working in remote environments, e.g. Docker, Linux
- Working in cloud environments, e.g. Azure, AWS
- Honours Degree in Data Science or Mathematics
Qualifications (Ideal or Preferred)
- Doctoral Degree in Data Science or Mathematics
Must have detailed knowledge of:
- Solution and experimental design for model development
- Machine learning development and underlying theory and assumptions of techniques.
- Predictive modelling techniques (statistical and machine learning) and deployment
- Source control systems e.g. Git, Bitbucket, or Sourcetree
- Relational database technologies
- Data Science lifecycle and applicable skills within
- Data analysis
- Solution and experimental design
- Machine learning model architecture (technical design and implementation processes)
- Specialist in one or more specific machine learning competencies, e.g. NLP, Deep Learning etc.
Solid understanding of:
- Underlying theory and application of machine learning models, must be able to understand underlying principles and theory and be able to teach others.
- Best practices for data science
- Ethical AI design principles
- Capitec Data Science lifecycle
- Capitec DPLC
- Working with People
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Learning and Researching
- Writing and Reporting
Conditions of Employment
- Clear criminal and credit record
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is required
- Contactable via own mobile phone
Capitec is committed to diversity and, where feasible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals.