Broll | Handyman (Morena Mall) 2022
Closing Date 14 March 2022
Responsible for the maintenance of the building. Completes preventive maintenance, installs new equipment, and assists with routine building maintenance. Completes work order records and files all related maintenance paperwork. Assists area staff as required, responds to the maintenance needs of different departments, and keeps management well informed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for effectively completing assigned maintenance duties.
- Continuously checks and inspects buildings to identify maintenance needs.
- Responds promptly and efficiently to tenant maintenance requirements.
- Responds promptly and efficiently to duties allocated to you by the building supervisor or regional building manager.
- Checks all main outer and inner doors (broken glass, open and close properly etc.).
- Checks exterior of buildings and identify problem areas.
- Checks and replace lights inside ladies and gent’s toilets, foyers, passages, stairways, parking areas. Also checks external security lights.
- Checks all fittings in toilets (taps, basis, urinals etc.).
- Checks all equipment such as air-conditioning plant, standby pumps, sump pump, water tanks, water feature equipment etc.
- Checks all fire equipment along with the building supervisor.
- Ensures that you are familiar with how the emergency equipment functions and what the emergency procedures are.
- Performs a visual check of the electrical distribution boards to ensure no loose wiring, etc.
- Performs repairs where necessary and if these cannot be repaired, advise building supervisor immediately.
- Identifies daily maintenance issues, communicates with the building supervisor and schedules the work for your attendance.
- Inspects equipment, checks operating condition, and logs repair needs.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures, and operates equipment in accordance with established safety policies and department procedures. Ensures compliance with legal regulations. Completes regular OSH inspections and updates monthly reports as appropriate. Ensures that OSHA requirements are effectively implemented.
- Assumes responsibility for tenant installations.
- Performs ad hoc quality control checks on tenant installations – during or on completion.
- Ensures premises are in satisfactory condition before the tenant moves in
- Along with the building manager assists tenants when they move into the premises
- Where necessary assists with the removal/relocation of partitioning
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintain effective relationships with tenants.
- Maintains regular contact with tenants.
- Reports all items to building supervisor especially if tenants have lodged complaints.
- Ensures that urgent matters are reported immediately and attended to immediately.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining related records.
- Tracks and records repair and maintenance results.
- Completes work orders, lists materials issued and used, and files paperwork with appropriate personnel.
- Updates equipment maintenance records as appropriate.
- Completes equipment and supply orders as assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with area staff and with management.
- Assists area staff as needed.
- Ensures that management is appropriately informed of area activities.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Meets the maintenance needs of different departments throughout the facility.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that work area and grounds are clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Familiarises himself with emergency numbers and contractor’s details in order to assist the building manager or act up in his absence.
- Maintenance assignments are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Safety regulations are closely followed.
- Maintenance records, work orders, and department logs are accurate and up-to-date.
- Equipment is well maintained and in good operating condition. Preventive maintenance is performed as scheduled.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Good communication and coordination exist with area staff and departments.
- Education/Certification: Standard Eight (Grade10)
- Additional training in maintenance and repair procedures.
- Basic knowledge of maintenance functions and safety protocol.
- Able to read and follow blueprints.
- Minimum of two years of related maintenance experience.
- Able to work well independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Solid hand/eye coordination.