Job Title: Branch Manager
Job ID: 26586
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Branch Manager (#26586) at Metropolitan Retail
- MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The group operates in the market through several client-facing brands including Metropolitan and Momentum, South Africa’s number one cell captive insurer Guardrisk and wellness & rewards programme Multiply. MMI operates on the African continent, United Kingdom, and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
- MMI’s purpose is to improve the lifetime Financial Wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial Wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime. Our promise to our clients is to be their Financial Wellness partner over this life-long journey, using our expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals. Visit us at www.mmiholdings.co.za.
Metropolitan is one of the oldest financial services brands in South Africa. With a 116 year legacy of serving the communities in which it operates, Metropolitan represents true empowerment in serving Africa’s people through affordable financial solutions that create financial growth and security.
Metropolitan operates in South Africa, but the brand is also present in 9 African countries including, Namibia, Botswana, Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Lesotho, and Swaziland.
Metropolitan provides financial wellness solutions that meet the needs of low income clients, including funeral insurance, health, savings, hospital cash-back cover, retirement solutions and life insurance.
Plan, lead and direct the management of day to day activities of financial advisors through effective people and branch management in order to foster client centricity, increased productivity and enable operational sales excellence.
- Grade 12/NQF 4 equivalent qualification
- FAIS Representative Regulatory Exam Level 5 passed
- 120 FAIS related credits
- Minimum 1 year managerial experience in overseeing the rendering of financial advice to fulfil the duties of a compliant key individual and be registered with the FSB
RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK OUTPUTS
- Teach, coach, mentor, and supervise financial advisers to meet and exceed performance standards and enable progression in their career path
- Recruit, select and retain high quality financial advisors by ensuring an optimum mix of talent in each advisor category in order to build capability to meet current and future staffing needs in accordance with the manpower plan
- Ensure that sales support zones are optimised to appropriately manage poor performance and minimise staff turn-over
- Support and guide Financial Advisors through the decision making process by displaying exceptional product knowledge and customer centricity
- Induct, develop and support financial advisers to meet and exceed performance and productivity standards in order to enable passionate and confident sales entrepreneurs
- Manage and monitor activities of Financial Advisers through market allocation to ensure that each financial adviser has adequate and appropriate market access opportunities
- Ensure that segmentation insights, information and toolkits are used to enable Financial Advisers to indentify and reach target segment customers
- Ensure the applicable Branch meets and exceeds productivity, production and quality targets as determined
- Provide competitor product and activity feedback to segment and product development teams in order to identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Adhere to high ethical standards and ensure Financial Advisors comply with all regulations/applicable laws as it applies to the entire branch
- Ensure technical product and legislative knowledge is always current in order to advise on the most relevant and innovative client solutions and comply with governance requirements
- Participate in tactical sales planning and implement the business plan for the branch as developed and agreed
- Utilise the Distribution Management Operating System to monitor and manage financial performance
- Identify entrepreneurial opportunities in every interaction and remain passionate, resilient, focused and organised
- Timeously complete all administrative and reporting duties, including sales and marketing data tracking, feedback and business cases related to the role within the agreed timeframes
- To be self-confident and self-motivated and relentlessly pursue targets and goals
- Effectively manage time and ensure optimal productivity
- Continuously monitor turnaround times and quality standards and resolve issues speedily to enhance client service delivery
- Drive client service delivery goal achievement in line with predefined standards in order to ensure that clients receive appropriate advice and after sales service.
- Manage client query processes and ensure that queries are tracked, accurately resolved and used as a mechanism to improve client service and business processes
- Provide regular reports on delivery of services against agreed service standards and in terms of overall client targets.
- Provide authoritative, expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the process of developing client service standards in order to ensure clients receive clear and accurate information and are kept informed at all times
- Manage the delivery on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service
- Create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviour, through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organisational values
- Select and recruit suitably qualified talent in line with Employment Equity principles and MMI values
- Drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, improvement and cohesiveness
- Enable a learning and growth culture whereby information regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas are actively shared between team members
- Execute effective workforce planning practices to ensure that staffing requirements are accurately forecasted
- Identify employee growth and development needs and schedule interventions to enable ongoing development, training and personal growth
- Effectively manage performance within the team in order to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Encourage innovation, change agility and collaboration within the team
- Contribute to the development of area specific budgets to minimise expenditure, in alignment with operational plans.
- Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Implement and provide input into governance processes, systems and legislation within area of specialisation.
- Escalate unresolved policy and governance compliance issues via appropriate channels for investigation and resolution purposes
- Provide input into the risk identification processes development and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum
- Business Acumen
- Customer/ Stakeholder Commitment
- Drive for results
- Leads Changes and Innovation
- Impact and influence
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
Only on-line applications submitted via our careers page will be considered.
Internal Team Members must inform their manager of their application. Your manager must be aware of and support your application.
For further information please contact Eugene Bruntjies who is the HC Provincial Head dealing with this position on 041 363 5881.Please submit your application via our Careers page on www.mmiholdings.co.za
To apply, please follow the official system application process and get in touch with the PeopleSoft Helpdesk (021 940 5169) if you need further assistance.
Closing Date: 12 February 2019
email@example.com(The purpose for this email address is solely for queries regarding the advertised position and no emailed CV’s will be accepted. Only online applications submitted via our Careers page will be considered.)0413635881
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan.
We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.