Table of Contents
BOILER OPERATOR X1
- Reference Number : refs/014562
- Directorate : Health Maintenance
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 147 459.00 per annum plus benefits
- Enquiries : Mr. Calvin Baloyi Tel: 072 668 0029/076 521 4118
- Grade 10 and an equivalent recognized National Steam Certificate. A minimum of 1 – 3 years’ appropriate hands-on experience gained in boiler operating. Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1993 and Regulations. Skills- planning, organizing, verbal and written communication skills. COMPETENCIES: Basic knowledge of norms and standards on low pressure. Knowledge of Maintenance Works Norms and Standards. Knowledge of maintenance tools. Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act. SKILLS – Interpersonal relations. Ability to utilise Public Works maintenance tools. ATTRIBUTES: People centred. Professionalism. Collective responsibility. Transformation. Batho Pele Principles. Attention to detail. Honesty and integrity. Strong ethics.
- Request chemicals from stores as required. Test quality of water of softeners as well as the returning flows of condensate water. Fill chemicals tank with required chemicals as prescribed. Top up salt in brine tank. Check working conditions of chemical pumps. Test total dissolve solids (TDS) and blow-down according to prescripts. Monitor the stream pressure constantly Check correct temperature of hot well tanks. Adjust the stoker for efficient steam delivery. Report all defects immediately. Check the feed water pump-levels and hot well tanks for sufficient water supply to the boiler. Make sure that standby boilers and funnel is full of water and chemicals at all times. Control the flow of fuel. Ensure that the boiler environment is well maintained. Ensure proper usage of protective clothing. Ensure that the brine tank and water filter are cleaned as prescribed. Ensure the removal of ash from boilers, gritt arrester and smoke box. Log all recordings as per the assessment in the logbook. Perform supervisory functions. Receive and signoff on the delivery of coal. Provide shift reports. Maintenance of shift/overtime register. Perform related adhoc duties.
- NOTES: This advert is internal (within the Department) and external (within Gauteng Province). This advert is to attract applicants within the geographical areas of the East Rand. NOTES: In line with the Department’s employments Equity Plan, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES are encouraged to apply. To apply for the below positions, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za. Only online applications will be considered and for general enquiries please contact Human Resource on 072 668 0029/076 521 4118. Application must be accompanied by the New Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV), only shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of qualifications not older than six (06) months, Identity and valid driver’s license (where driving/travelling is an inherent requirement of the job). It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post and candidates whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity will receive preference. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Infrastructure Development
Location : Dunswart Laundry
Closing Date : 05-08-2022
|Do you have a Grade 10 and an equivalent recognized National Steam Certificate
|Do you have a minimum of 1 – 3 years’ appropriate hands-on experience gained in boiler operating?
|Do you have knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1993 and Regulations?
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.