- Reference Number : refs/012346
- Directorate : Maintenance
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 145 281.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Mr Innocent Matoane Tel: 010 344 1678/1639
- Grade 10 and an equivalent recognised National Steam Certificate. A minimum of 1-3 years appropriate hands-on experience gained in boiler operating. competencies: Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1993 and Regulations. Skills- Planning, Organising, Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Request chemicals from stores as required. Test quality of water of softeners as well as the returning flows of condensate water. Fill chemical tank with required chemical pumps. Test total dissolve solids (TDS) and blow-down according to prescripts. Monitor the stream pressure constantly. Check correct temperature of hot well tanks. Adjust the stoker for efficient steam delivery. Report all defects immediately. Check the feed water pump-levels and hot well tanks for sufficient water supply to the boiler. Make sure that standby boilers and funnel is full of water and chemicals at all times. Control the flow of fuel. Ensure that the boiler environment is well maintained. Ensure proper usage of protective clothing. Ensure that the brine tank and water filter are cleaned as prescribed. Ensure the removal of ash from boilers, gritt arrester and smoke box. Log all recordings as per the assessment in the logbook. Perform supervisory functions. Receive and signoff the delivery of coal. Provide shift reports. Maintain shift/overtime register. Perform related adhoc duties.
- NOTES: This advert is internal (within the Department) and external (within Gauteng Province). This advert is to attract applicants within the geographical area of Sedibeng. To apply for the above position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za Only online applications will be considered and for general enquiries please contact Human Resource on 072 668 0029/076 521 4118. Application should be accompanied by the new Z83 form, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as certified copies of qualifications not older than 06 months, Identity and valid driver’s license (where driving/travelling is an inherent requirement of the job). It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post and candidates whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity will receive preference. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint. Disabled people are encouraged to apply. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Infrastructure Development
Location : Sedibeng District Maintenance Hub
Closing Date : 25-11-2021
|Do you have a Grade 10 and an equivalent recognised National Steam Certificate?|
|Do you have a minimum of 1-3 years appropriate hands-on experience gained in boiler operating?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.