BIODIVERSITY OFFICER (2 POSTS)
- Reference Number: refs/011813
- Directorate: Biodiversity Management
- Number of posts : 2
- Package: R272 739.00 – R473 574.00 per annum plus benefits (offer will be based on appropriate and recognizable experience in line with the OSD requirements).
- Inquiries: Thili Mashau; Tel: 011 240 3096
- Grade 12 plus National Diploma (NQF Level 6)/ Bachelor’s degree (NQF level 7) in Nature Conservation or relevant qualification as recognized by SAQA. 0-2 years’ appropriate/recognizable experience in a Nature Conservation environment. Valid driver’s license. COMPETENCIES: Computer Literacy. Good verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of GPG and Nature Conservation/Environment policies and procedures. Knowledge of relevant strategies, legislation, and Public Service Regulations. Clear knowledge and interest in the Biodiversity Green Economy. Knowledge of database management. Knowledge of research and benchmarking. GIS and Project Management skills.
- Promotion of the Biodiversity Economy in Gauteng Province. To coordinate the sustainable utilization of indigenous biological resources as a key contributor to the Green Economy through the development and implementation of strategies for the sustainable use and equitable sharing of benefits of genetic resources. Develop and implement mechanisms to transform and promote the biodiversity economy in Gauteng and transform and promote sector contributions to the Green Economy. Ensure stakeholder liaison to ensure the effective implementation of interventions on the sustainable utilization of biodiversity, including the bioprospecting economy and matters pertaining to the wildlife economy. Develop project business plans in line with potential funder requirements and prescripts and apply for funding from external partners and organizations to fund projects in the wildlife economy. Monitor the implementation of the biodiversity economy within the province and report on project implementation. Liaison with provincial, national and international organizations with regards to the biodiversity economy and sustainable use of natural resources. Coordinate biodiversity economy events. Facilitate capacity building and stakeholder liaison to ensure effective implementation of interventions on the sustainable utilization of biodiversity while promoting the transformation and development of the biodiversity economy in Gauteng Province. Submit recommendations to the Control Biodiversity Officer: Resource Protection. Keep databases updated. Keep a good working relationship with all relevant stakeholders. Attend personnel meetings (divisional, departmental, etc). Back-to-office reports for inter-provincial meetings and with relevant stakeholders. Provide training to all relevant stakeholders on request. Lectures/presentations to any relevant party on request. Keep Logbook (Subsidized/GG/Scheme B). Prepare Monthly/Quarterly/Annual and project progress reports.
- NOTES: To apply for this position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/or Hand Deliver at: Ground floor 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House and Applications must be submitted on a New Z83 form obtainable from any public service department or from the website which must be completed in full. Candidates must attach their recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document/s (no copies of certified copies allowed, certification should not be more than six months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. N.B: For assistance with online applications, visit the following centers: 78 Fox Street, Marshalltown or Maponya Mall at Thuso House next to Home Affairs. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan (Coloreds and Indians are encouraged to apply). . To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to attach certificate of evaluation of foreign qualifications by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Employer: Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Location: Johannesburg (Head Office)
Closing Date: 03-09-2021
|1. Do you have Grade 12 plus National Diploma (NQF Level 6)/ Bachelor’s degree (NQF level 7) in Nature Conservation or relevant qualification as recognized by SAQA?|
|2. Do you have 0-2 years’ appropriate/recognizable experience in a Nature Conservation environment?|
|Do you have a valid driver’s license?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.