POST 06/03: AUDIT COMMITTEE MEMBER (X1 POST)
SALARY: Remuneration will be in line with the requirement of the Treasury Regulation – TR 20.2.3. Terms of Office: Three (3) years
- Applicants must be in possession of an appropriate NQF 8 qualification (a higher qualification will be an added advantage) in any of the following fields: Information Technology/ Legal/ Social Sciences/ Risk Management/ Accounting and Auditing.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are Chartered Accountants with strong ICT knowledge and skills.
- Expertise gained from either or a combination of the following fields, preferably in the public sector: Internal and External Audit.
- Risk Management.
- Financial Management.
- Information Technology.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Governance.
- Legal and compliance.
- Project Management.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Extensive leadership and experience in serving on an audit committee, but not a political office bearer. Preference will be given to applicants who are serving as professionals in other Government departments, public entities, private sector institutions, academic institutions or a retired professional. Applicants may not be in the employment of the department and must have no business or personal relationships with the Department.
- Knowledge of the Arts and Culture sector will serve as an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act and its Treasury Regulations, and other relevant legislations / policies / governance best practices.
- Successful candidates will be required to enter into a contract with the Department.
- The Audit Committee will carry out its responsibilities as legislated by the Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations and operate according to its approved charter.
- The roles and responsibilities of the Audit Committee are clearly defined in the approved charter: The Audit Committee will fulfil its oversight responsibilities to ensure that the Department maintains effective, efficient and transparent systems of financial, risk management, governance and internal control. The committee will amongst others, review the effectiveness of the Internal Audit activity and provide direction, review the work of external auditors, the Department’s financial statements, and monitor compliance with legislation.
- Assist the Accounting Officer in the effective execution of his / her responsibilities by reporting and making recommendations to the Accounting Officer.
ENQUIRIES: Ms N Ngcama Tel No: 012 441 3430
Please forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number and
the number and the name of this publication to: The Director: Human Resource
Management, Department of Arts and Culture, Private Bag X897, Pretoria,
- Applications can also be hand delivered to the Department of Arts and
Culture, Sechaba House (previously known as VWL Building), 202 Madiba
Street, cnr Madiba and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria
CLOSING DATE: 01 March 2019, 16:00
NOTE: Applications are hereby invited from suitably and qualified person to apply for
the following post(s). Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable
from any Government department or online at www.gov.za. All sections of the
Z83 must be completed and signed and the application form should be
accompanied by a comprehensive CV (including two recent and contactable
referees) and Original Certified Copies of the applicant’s ID and educational
qualifications. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications
evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) prior to the
selection process. Applicants applying for more than one post must submit a
separate form Z83 (as well as the documentation mentioned above) in respect
of each post being applied for. If an applicant wishes to withdraw an application
it must be done in writing. Failure to submit the required documentation will
automatically disqualify applications. No faxes or e-mails will be accepted. The
Department reserves the right not to fill the above-mentioned post(s). The
successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract and
sign an annual performance agreement. All short-listed candidates will be
subjected to personnel suitability checks and the successful candidate will
have to undergo full security vetting. All applicants are required to disclose
memberships of boards and directorships that they may be associated with.
The successful candidate will have to annually disclose his/her financial
interests. Identified candidate(s) for the SMS will be subjected to a
Government specific competency assessment as well as a technical practical
exercise as part of the selection process