POST 04/36: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: RISK MANAGEMENT
REF NO: HR4/19/02/13HO Directorate: Risk Management
SALARY: R356 289 per annum
CENTRE: Head Office
- Three (3) year tertiary qualification in Risk Management/Internal Auditing/ Accounting/Economics.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Two (2) years functional experience in Risk Management/ Internal Audit services. Valid driver’s license. Knowledge: Public Sector Risk Management framework, COSO Framework, King report on Corporate Governance, Public Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulation, Protected Disclosure Act, Anti fraud and corruption policies, Criminal and Commercial Law, Labour Relations, legislation, policies and procedures, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Public Service Act. Skills: Analytical, Strategic Management, Financial Management, Facilitation, Investigation, Interviewing, People Management, Computer literacy, Time Management, Communication, Interpersonal, Presentation, Planning and organizing.
- Manage resources within Risk Management Unit.
- Implement Risk management strategies/ policies and systems for the Department.
- Promote risk awareness culture and conduct risk assessment throughout the Department through communication and training programmes.
- Implement integrated risk management framework for all aspects of risk across the Department. Manage fraud and corruption investigations in the Department.
ENQUIRIE: Ms. G Baker Tel No: (012) 309 4968
APPLICATIONS: Chief Director: Human Resources Management: Private Bag X 117, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver at 215 Francis Baard Street.
ATTENTION: Sub-directorate: Human Resources Operations, Head Office.
CLOSING DATE: 19 February 2019 at 16:00
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents. The fully completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies(Not older than 3 months after publication of the advert) of all qualification(s) including a Senior Certificate and ID-document [Driver’s license where applicable]. Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. The Department does not accept applications via fax or email. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification). Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test. All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools. Successful candidates will be appointed on a probation period of 12 months. The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post. Successful candidates will be expected to sign a performance agreement.