POST 04/30: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: LABOUR MARKET INFORMATION STATISTICS
REF NO: HR4/4/6/23
SALARY: R444 693 per annum
CENTRE: Provincial Office: Limpopo
- Three (3) year tertiary qualification in Social Sciences / Statistics / Economics / Public Administration. Skills: Analytical, Assertiveness, Communication, Interpersonal, innovative and creative, leadership, Management, Planning and Organising, Stress Management, Team management.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge: Analytical methods, Basic communication Principles, Diversity management, Group dynamics, Research, Project, Skills Development Act, Labour Relation Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Skills Development Levies Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, COIDA, Unemployment Insurance Act, UI Contribution Act.
- Two (2) functional experiences in administration / statistical collection / Labour Market services.
- Produce statistical analysis of Labour Market Information.
- Manage resources in the Unit.
- Ensure information for policy and planning purposes in the Province.
- Conduct client satisfaction surveys.
- Liaise with other institutions and stakeholders.
ENQUIRIES: Ms. TE Maluleke Tel No: (015) 290 1662
APPLICATIONS: Chief Director: Provincial Operations: Private Bag X 9368, Polokwane, 0700 or hand deliver at 42a Schoeman Street, Polokwane.
ATTENTION: Sub-directorate: Human Resources Management, Polokwane.
CLOSING DATE: 19 February 2019 at 16:00
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents. The fully completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies(Not older than 3 months after publication of the advert) of all qualification(s) including a Senior Certificate and ID-document [Driver’s license where applicable]. Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. The Department does not accept applications via fax or email. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification). Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test. All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools. Successful candidates will be appointed on a probation period of 12 months. The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post. Successful candidates will be expected to sign a performance agreement.