POST 04/02: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR EDITING
REF NO: DI/37/19
SALARY: R356 289 per annum (Level 09)
CENTRE: Defence Intelligence (Directorate Strategic Intelligence), Pretoria
- BA (Hons) Degree in English is essential (Preferably NQF 07).
- Good discipline, self –motivation, analytical thinking, excellent reasoning ability, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Postgraduate training in other language will be a recommendation. Applicants with one-year experience in an Assistant Director’s Editing post or alternative courses may also apply.
- Special requirements (skills needed): High level of computer literacy and proven integration skills and experience.
- Excellent English language, good verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to obtain Secret Security Clearance within a year.
- Assist with final editing of Defence Intelligence documents.
- Ensure that different inputs corresponded with the Defence Intelligence point of view. Assist with administrative and training responsibilities.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation audio-visual Defence Intelligence products, Counter Intelligence and Foreign Relations products into final Defence Intelligence products.
- Ensure uniformity in layout of products and the correct use of language.
ENQUIRIES: Ms E. Foster Tel No: (012) 315-0175
APPLICATIONS: Department of Defence, Defence Intelligence, Private Bag X367, Pretoria, 0001. (278 Madiba Street, Liberty Building).
ATTENTION: Ms E. Foste
CLOSING DATE: 22 February 2019 (Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered).
NOTE: The advertisement(s) contained herein is/are meant for the attention/perusal of all interested job seekers, whether they are serving employees/officials of the DOD/Public Service, unemployed persons or persons employed outside the Public Service. Persons not employed by the DOD/Public Service are encouraged to apply for the vacancies advertised in this circular. Applications must be submitted on the prescribed form Z83 (obtainable from any Public Service department), which must be originally signed and dated by the applicant and which must be accompanied by a detailed CV (with full particulars of the applicants’ training, qualifications, competencies, knowledge & experience) and clear certified copies of original educational qualification certificates, ID document and Driver’s license (where applicable). Failure to comply with the above instructions will result in applications being disqualified. Applicants applying for more than one post must submit a separate form Z83 (as well as the documentation mentioned above) in respect of each post being applied for. If an applicant wishes to withdraw an application it must be done in writing. Should an application be received where an applicant applies for more than one post on the same applications form, the application will only be considered for the first post indicated on the application and not for any of the other posts. Under no circumstances will photostat copies or faxed copies of application documents be accepted. The successful candidates will be subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (criminal record-, citizenship- & financial/asset record checks and qualification and employment verification). Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. Applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within 3 (three) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Due to the large volume of responses anticipated, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. For more information on the job description(s) please contact the person indicated in the post details. Successful candidates will be appointed on probation for the period of twelve (12) months in terms of the prescribed rules.