POST 04/81: ARTISAN FOREMAN (GRADE A): (FITTERS AND TURNER)
REF NO: 150219/08 NWRI Central Operations: Maintenance
SALARY: R286 500 per annum (OSD)
CENTRE: Jericho Dam (Usutu River)
- Communication skills both (verbal and written) and computer literacy.
- An appropriate Trade Test Certificate.
- A driver’s licence (a certified copy must be attached).
- Team leadership.
- Knowledge of technical analysis, computer-aided applications, legal compliance, technical report writing and production, process knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Problem solving and analytical decision making, team work and analytical skills. Creativity, self-management, customer focus and responsiveness.
- Planning and organising skills.
- Conflict management.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, PMDS and PFMA.
- Drawing skills and ability to read drawings.
- Willingness to travel.
- Five (5) years post-qualification experience as an artisan.
- Candidates may be required to complete a practical and theoretical test.
- Supervise and mentor staff.
- Maintenance of bulk raw water infrastructure (dams, reservoirs, pump stations and pipelines) and machinery.
- Inspect equipment for technical faults and repair according to standards.
- Service equipment according to schedule.
- Ensure quality assurance in line with specifications.
- Continuous individual development to keep up with new technologies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to safety standards, requirements and regulations.
- Implement planned maintenance and update maintenance logbooks.
- Compile and submit reports as required.
ENQUIRIES: Mr MC Nchabeleng Tel No: (017) 846 6000
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications to the Acting Scheme Manager Central Operations NWRI, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X 1004, Usutu River, Amsterdam, 2375. 61
ATTENTION: Thomo K.E
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.