Table of Contents
Anova | Professional Nurse (X5)
Closing Date 22 July 2023
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for an energetic and dynamic Outreach Team Leader: Professional Nurse to lead the Home-Based Carers, CDU, CDL, Rehab Adherence, CDU Staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design weekly work plans for the CHW and for him or herself (home visits, household assessments,
- community outreach events, etc.)
- Manage the Community Healthcare Workers per node.
- Work closely with the DoH facility management and the community leaders to facilitate the Community-Oriented Primary Care approach – meaning the OTL is required to attend the local community meetings.
- Attend and actively participate the multi-disciplinary meetings organised by the DoH facility management.
- Actively participate in the wellness and prevention interventions, e.g., administering of vaccines, screening for non-communicable diseases, family planning, etc.
- Plan and implement mentorship and coaching sessions for the CHW on the Integrated Health and Wellness Service package.
- Routinely record/update patient files and stats.
- Attend training sessions arranged by the DoH and/or Anova.
- Routinely travel to dedicated Anova, wellness outreach venues and/or DOH facilities in the Cape Metropole District, when required.
- Routine checking and correcting of CHWs registers/reports.
- Accurate reporting (verbal and written) of stats and narrative reports.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ensure that patient files are filled and stored correctly and safely – POPIA compliant.
- CHW timesheet and leave management and timeous submissions to Anova’s HR department.
- Manage the office expenses, advance claims, and mileage claims with timeous submissions to the Anova’s finance department.
- Prioritise, organise and manage own workload in a manner that maintains and promotes quality.
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Nursing qualification (Professional Nurse)
- SANC registration
- Valid driver’s license essential
- Own transport and vehicle
- Experience working within the community will be advantageous
These positions will be based in Parow, Gugulethu, Strandfontein and Westlake so please take this into consideration when applying.
Closing date: 21 July 2023
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za