Table of Contents
Anova | Junior IT Technician Opportunity X1
Closing Date 04 July 2023
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivate us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for an experienced Junior IT Technician who is responsible for the maintenance of an electronic health strengthening system (prescriptions) and support users of the system at allocated healthcare facilities and related pick-up points within a sub-district.
Key duties and responsibilities
Technical support and maintenance of health strengthening system.
- Provide technical support and advice to end-users (including Anova staff) on technology and system issues to enable them to fulfill their duties.
- Monitor the use and security of equipment related to the electronic system at healthcare facilities and manage the equipment asset register for these non-Anova-owned items. Also, ensure that Anova equipment allocated to staff is monitored and secure.
- Maintain equipment and system to ensure the optimum functioning of all equipment and software (can include but not limited to laptops, tablets, scanners, internet browsers and connectivity).
- Attend to any challenges and gaps by liaising with the provincial and Anova Helpdesk for support (for e.g., 3rd party changes made on back end, but which need to be managed by the front end but was not communicated), clarifying the challenge/gap and resolving issue.
- Provide ongoing support and training at health facilities and pick-up points to ensure optimal and consistent utilization of the electronic system. Encourage participation from clients (nurses for example), and designated service providers.
- Carry out other appropriate duties as requested through logged calls, by various requestors (for e.g., 3rd party Senior IT Specialist or Facilities manager or Anova ICT Manager) to assist in the rectification of issues to enable end users to be able to fulfil their duties.
- Assist the facility in the installation and deployment of software over the network, as well as keeping records for all software licenses, ensuring all licensing laws are adhered to.
- Assist in the deployment of devices for facilities, as well as maintaining accurate records of all ICT devices to support the facility.
- Identify risks and issues related to the electronic system and escalate to Senior IT Technician for resolution.
- Give input and/or provide clarity to technical information analyzed by Senior IT Technician to provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc reports.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Information Systems/Technology, and
- At least 1 year IT Helpdesk/Support Technician experience having supported on hardware and software dealing with end users.
- Hardware and software management
- Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel.
- Knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure.
- An appropriate certificate (A+, N+) would be an advantage.
- Experience in the public health sector would be an advantage.
- Detail orientated.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage change.
- Report writing
- Basic training and facilitation skills
- Basic monitoring and evaluation skills in data management and handling.
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Preference will be given to persons with disabilities.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za