Anova Heath | Professional Nurse – AM/00917/21
Anova’s Jab Smart project was set up in late-2017 to respond to HIV among people who inject drugs (PWID) in the City of Johannesburg & Sedibeng. PWID are at particular risk of HIV and suffer high levels of stigma and prejudice, often being denied access to essential health services. Jab Smart is a peer-led project that provides a range of harm reduction services to PWID. The project is implemented together with the COJ & Sedibeng Health District, and it is supported by Global Fund through its partner NACOSA.
We are looking for a Professional Nurse to be responsible for the comprehensive, integrated, cascade of care, inclusive of diagnosing, treating, monitoring, and evaluating communicable and infectious diseases. The Professional Nurse will consult and provide preventative, curative, rehabilitative treatment/health care to People Who Inject Drugs (PWID) on various clinical aspects to our supported outreach facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Treatment, Care Mentorship, and Provision
- Collaborate with OST doctor and Clinical Nurse Mentor to provide OST/ hepatitis treatment and care mentorship to other clinicians.
- Provide OST/ STI and Hepatitis treatment to PWIDs at Sedibeng Clinic.
- Manage treatment outcomes amongst PWIDs.
- Provide support to Sedibeng OST site.
- OST Clinic Management
- Manage the Sedibeng OST clinic.
- Dispense and account for methadone and other medication.
- Account for clinical supplies and equipment.
- Initiate PWIDs on ART and keep records.
- Project Support
- Support Professional Nurses to achieve set HTS targets.
- Support psychosocial workers and advocacy officers towards set targets.
- Account and submit monthly reviews of HTS and ART registers, linkage registers inventory of project items.
- Account for and submit monthly narratives on the OST site as well as other activities are done.
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
- A degree or diploma qualification as a Professional Nurse.
- Registration as a Professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council.
- NIMART (Nurse Initiated Management of ART) qualification (essential).
- NIMDR Nurse initiated management of drug-resistant TB (essential).
- A Bachelor of Pharmacy degree will be an added advantage.
- A postgraduate diploma in Nursing (Primary Health Care Nurse) will be an added advantage.
- Must have a dispensing license.
- At least 2 years experience in the Public Health sector.
- 3 years’ management experience.
- At least 2 years experience as a registered nurse in NGO/Community clinic or a hospital environment.
- Familiar with the latest HIV Management, TB, and PMTCT guidelines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Str ong organizational skills, including time management and multi-tasking skills.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Ayanda Makhonza at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15 July 2021
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova. Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.