Table of Contents
Anova Health | Technical Assistant X1
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
The successful candidate will be developing and implementing activities aimed at strengthening psychosocial support, adherence & retention for Adolescents and Youth including scale-up of HIV testing, care and support for adolescents and youths in and outside DoH health facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee implementation of ANOVA’s APACE Psychosocial support (PSS) activities at facility level, in line with APACE strategy & workplan
- Oversee implementation of Youth care clubs to provide comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment, psychological/adherence support and SRHR services to adolescents, including distribution of pre-packed medication/ART
- Mentor and support Youth care club facilitator to provide psychosocial support through implementation of Youth Care Clubs
- Promote PrEP and facilitate recruitment and enrolment of AGYW onto PrEP through engaging with various adolescent and youth organisations & facilities
- Provide training & mentorship to relevant staff (Internal & external staff) on key issues related to Management of Adolescents living with HIV or at risk of contracting HIV (PrEP, psychosocial, Disclosure, Adherence support, AYFS etc.)
- Responsible for coaching & mentoring ANOVA & DOH Auxiliary Workers, counsellors, HC’s and YCC’s on psychosocial support for PLHIV & enhanced adherence support
- Strengthen referral linkages within the health system, especially between health facilities and CBOs, in collaboration with ANOVA community team, other APACE team members in ANOVA and DOH stakeholders such as school health nurses, Community Health Workers, nurses, and social workers
- Compile monthly, quarterly & adhoc reports on the programme implementation and progress
- Follow performance management process of Anova through timeous submission of all relevant documentation for line staff
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Degree in Social work, Social Science, or relevant health related qualification
- Registration with the relevant South African Council or Professional Body
- At least 2-5 years of experience working in Youth and/or HIV programmes, including supervising Social Auxiliary workers or other junior staff
- Training in I-ACT and NAS (National Adherence Strategy) is advantageous
- Good presentation and excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good report writing skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
Closing Date: 25 October 2023
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
“Preference will be given to persons with disabilities”.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.