Anova Health | Enrolled Nurse – TN/00029/21
Mopani (Letaba) – Permanent
We are looking for Enrolled Nurses to provide support to the Department of Health (DoH) facilities with the implementation of HIV Counselling & Testing (HCT) TB screening, promotion of family planning and provision of sexual reproductive health services, enhanced adherence counselling and facilitation of adherence clubs and other CCMDD modalities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform PICT for clients presenting at health facilities and/or their partners; and appropriate referral.
- Screen clients for STIs, TB, Hypertension, Diabetes and refer for provision of symptomatic management.
- Provide phlebotomy services for b aseline bloods (pre-ART patients), VL and other monitoring bloods for patients already on ART in decanted modalities or general follow-up care.
- Age-appropriate HIV risk reduction counselling;
- Refer men for assessment of suitability (or otherwise) to undergo circumcision and/or refer for appropriate management.
- Encourage proper hand hygiene.
- Ensure clean and well ventilated environment.
- Identify potential risks and their management.
- Maintain strict infection control standards at all times.
Technical Support and Capacity Building
- Support Anova and/or DOH counsellors providing HTS and linkage to care services as well as adherence club or I-ACT facilitators.
- Supervise IQC, PT and other RTQII activities at facility level.
- Supervise and perform monitoring activities including updating of HTS registers and collection of statistics and validating of data.
- Tracking of laboratory results and ensure appropriate distribution, capturing and filing.
- Assist with implementation of decanting modalities at facility level as per need (cohorting, phlebotomy, completion of registers etc.) to ensure efficient running of the programme.
- Ensure timeous requisition of supplies.
- Adhere to individual target requirements as per team lead/supervisor directive, maintain data collection requirements.
- Participate in all quality improvement activities as part of the Anova QI initiatives.
- Participate in SIMS preparations, assessment (internal & external) and implementation of corrective actions.
- Attend programme related meetings as required.
- Compile and analyse patient data and statistics as required.
- Obtain and accurately document informed consent forms from clients.
- Complete, compile and submit relevant data forms/performance reports.
- Ensure the ethical, timely, accurate, confidential and courteous processing of programme clients.
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Grade 12 (Matric).
- Enrolled Nurse certificate and registration with South African Nursing Council (SANC).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in HIV and related programmes.
- Experience working in Public Health facilities engaging with adolescents and youth will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Organized and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure & independently.
- Must be willing to work during weekends.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Advantageous Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Previous working experience in an NGO.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Tiyiselani Nkuna at email@example.com
Closing date: 05 July 2021
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.