Table of Contents
Anova Health | Data Administrator Tracing Clerk X1
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
We are looking for a skilled Data Administrator Tracing Clerk to support the Department of Health through direct service at facility level, carry out data-related admin work, capture patient’s files, generate missed appointments/ defaulter reports, track/ trace missed appointments including any other clients referred for tracing and compile monthly statistics. The successful incumbent will provide administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient patient flow, general operations and improve adherence to care of TB/HIV patients to PHC facilities by tracing the missed appointment clients back to care telephonically through brief adherence counselling.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome and assist patients with queries
- Register and retrieve patients’ files
- Manage patient booking/appointment system as requested
- Verify all reported data against source documents
- Capture patient’s information into all database platforms, e.g. Tier.Net, and other DoH database applications
- File patient records as per ideal clinic processes and facility filing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Collate weekly collected data, DHIS data, submit to facility manager and Anova manager
- Assist the WBPHCOT’s to trace defaulters within the communities
- Facilitate all tracing processes (telephonic and physical) of the priority facilities
- Assist the PHC facility with telephonic tracing of missed appointments and defaulters
- Compilation of all clients that were not reached telephonically to the WBPHCOT register for physical tracing
- Update tracing outcomes on Tier.Net
- Carry out data quality assessments and audits with close guidance from M&E Officer
- Coordinate and collect ad-hoc and routine weekly data from facilities by all Anova team members in the sub district
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Grade 12
- Tertiary graduates an added advantage
- 3 years of experience working with PLWHA especially within the community
- Trained in basic HIV counselling and testing
- Trained in adherence counselling
- Data capturing competency through experience or training
- Able to communicate in English and other South African official language(s)
- Always maintain highest level of confidentiality in all work activities
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Be attentive to detail
- Fast and accurate data capturing skills
- Proficiency in MS office
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto. Preference will be given to persons with disabilities.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za