Anova Health | Clinical Nurse Practitioner – MS/00006/21
City of Cape Town – Permanent
We are looking for a Clinical Nurse Practitioner to support initiation of HIV infected clients on ART, PrEP, STI treatment, NIMART mentoring and ensure full implementation of the 90 90 90 activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To champion all ANOVA 90-90-90 activities and oversee ANOVA staff at facilities (lead facility meetings and data review, monitor attendance and liaise between ANOVA and the facility).
- Work with the outreach teams to get referrals and to initiate ART for eligible HIV infected clients including PrEP and attend MDT to support community recalls.
- Provide follow up care for patients on treatment in line with DoH HIV Management guidelines as well as Anova work plan and Facility 90-90-90 plans.
- Routinely monitor performance & registers of (TB/HIV/STI) programmes at facility level and provide mentorship & technical support where required.
- Identify poor performing indicators, put together quality improvement (QI) plans and implement as agreed upon with the facility and ANOVA team.
- Identify training needs at facility level and arrange in-service training where needed.
- Train clinic staff on MSM Diversity trainer and biomedical training and mentor staff at facilities.
- Use relevant M&E tools to report weekly to Anova sub-district team on number of clients initiated on ART and TPT.
- Support facilities with implementation of I-ACT support groups and Chronic treatment clubs in line with Anova’s work plan.
- Ensure holistic care is provided example acute and chronic condition of the PLHIV.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- A degree or diploma qualification as a Professional Nurse.
- Midwifery is a requirement.
- Clinical Assessment Treatment & Care (PHC Nurse Clinician).
- Registration as a Professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council.
- NIMART trained (western cape) and certified as competent to work independently.
- NIMART mentor certificate would be advantageous.
- At least 4 years’ experience in working at a clinic (PHC or CHC) facility.
- At least 2 years NIMART experience.
- Familiar with latest HIV Management, PrEP, STI and TB and guidelines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Driver’s License is required and ability to drive.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
Submit your CV and application letter to Mimi Smit at email@example.com
Closing date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified.
Early application is therefore highly recommended.