Anova Health | Buyer – Ref No: BL/00009/20
Johannesburg – Fixed Term
APACE: Project Management
Anova is looking for a skilled Buyer to ensure that appropriate controls are in place and execution of best procurement practices are implemented within the department.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Devise and implement effective procurement and sourcing strategies.
- Develop systems that source credible, value-adding suppliers, and initiate procurement partnerships.
- Automize the procurement process to eliminate bottlenecks in sourcing to delivery.
- Assesses total costs of company purchases and alert business management of anomalies.
- Facilitate training programs to ensure understanding of Procurement Policies and SOP’s.
- Open Tenders and dispatch the necessary parts to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure timely delivery of the goods or start of the Services as per SLA.
- Monitor on-going contracts status, amendments, and contract renewal discussions.
- Ensure accurate administration of all the contractual documents in line with company standards and procedures.
- Conduct site visits and review of suppliers.
Essential qualifications and experience
- A degree in an appropriate discipline (Economics/ Supply Chain Management/ Logistics/Business Administration) or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a buyer or in a similar role.
- The buying experience in a plant environment will be an added advantage.
- Strong working knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as an aptitude for reading the market.
- Solid knowledge of supplier or third-party management software.
- Outstanding decision-making, analytical skills, and an ability to work well with numbers.
- Understanding of good governance ethics, BBBEE, SLA development, Procurement Principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with stakeholder engagement.
Submit your CV and application letter to Boitumelo Leduma at email@example.com
Closing date: To Be Announced