Table of Contents
Anova Health | AYP Professional Nurse X 2
We seek a NIMART Professional Nurse To provide direct service delivery and strengthen the health system through initiating or enhancing the roll-out of various clinical services within the Anova Adolescents & Youth Programme. The NIMART professional nurse provided a comprehensive package of adolescent & youth-friendly services, including HTS, PrEP, ART, STI services, TB, comprehensive SRHR and some psychosocial services to adolescents and youth attending the AYFS clinics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in DOH PHC facilities to initiate & follow up HIV-negative adolescents and youth (or adults) on PrEP
- Initiate and follow up HIV infected clients on ART (adolescents and youth (and adults)
- Initiate, follow up and manage TB HIV infected adolescents and youth in line with DOH HIV Management guidelines and Anova work and Facility 959595 plans
- Provide PICT, screening for TB, STIs, Sexual Reproductive health (SRH) & and other chronic conditions and manage symptomatic patients appropriately
- Provide phlebotomy services for pre-treatment (baseline investigations for ART and PrEP) as well as monitoring of patients with HIV, TB and those on PrEP.
- Assess and refer adolescents and youth in need of other services to higher levels of care or other DREAMS partners, CBO’s and NGO’s, in line with DOH and agreed-upon bi-directional referral guidelines.
- Manage referrals from community adolescent, youth and OVC partners and record these appropriately
- Ensure accurate completion of ART/PrEP clinical stationery and all relevant NDOH and AYFS registers, as per NDOH guidelines
- Pre-pack, script, fill in forms and consult with adolescents & youth in Youth Care Clubs and PrEP.
- Able to provide clinical service at our community mobile as required and ensure all clinical stationery is available at the mobile and PrEP stock control and report timeously to the line manager.
- Conduct clinic file audits (ART, TB, PrEP) for each supported facility and Work with the mentorship and quality improvement teams to implement corrective measures where needed.
- Ensure facilities have and abide by the latest HIV, PrEP, TB, STI and SRHR guidelines
- Ensure availability of stationery and drugs
- Be available to support Anova & DOH HTS events/campaigns or invites from youth and OVC community-based partners on weekdays & weekends when requested
- Mentor professional (and enrolled nurses where required) nurses at DOH facilities on the implementation of youth-friendly services and age- age-appropriate healthcare
- Support facilities with the implementation of YCC’s clubs through advocating for adolescent and youth days or spaces in line with Anova workplan
- Submission of Daily, Weekly & monthly reports to the clinical mentor, CNP or relevant Anova senior staff member supporting the facility at the regional level.
- Weekly and monthly debriefings with Anova teams lead on activities pertaining to adolescent & youth-friendly services and the programme’s performance.
- Use relevant M&E tools to report daily, weekly and monthly to the Anova team lead on the number of clients initiated on ART/PrEP
- Participate in clinic SIMS visits and any other visits as requested (And prepare AYFS related data/information for the visit)
- Participate in Anova CME sessions & staff meetings as required
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- A Degree or Diploma in Nursing with valid SANC registration
- Valid registration with the South African Nursing Council
- Two years experience in clinical HIV/AIDS and TB-related work
- 2 years’ experience in a primary health care setting
- Certificate in NIMART or basic HIV Management with at least 2 years’ experience managing patients with HIV and TB
- Knowledge of current guidelines and experience in HIV/PMTCT/TB programmes
- Basic TB/HIV/STI management certificate and counselling skills (an advantage)
- Reproductive health management certificate (an advantage) See the one with PHC.
- Dispensing licence (an advantage)
- PC 101/APC (Adult Primary Care) certificate (an advantage)
Closing date: 23 October 2023
In our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.