Anglo Platinum | Shift Supervisor Mining (Fix Term Contract)
Here is an exciting opportunity for you to join our Platinum Business as a Shift Supervisor.
*Experience in Drop Raise Mining Method and S3 Longhole Drill Riggs is a perquisite and required.
You will be responsible for the creation of integrated production targets and the achievements of these targets and facilitate successful production through the availability of adequate material and equipment, the existence of motivated production teams and the optimal use of available technology.
Zero Harm. Safe. Smart. Sustainable. Probably not the first words you typically associate with mining. But Anglo American is not your typical mining company.
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
This is a Fixed Term Contract appointment carrying a Legal accountability with a 2.15.1 appointment in terms of the Minerals Act and Regulations.
Experience in Drop Raise Mining Method and S3 Longhole Drill Riggs is a perquisite and required.
The focus for this role will be to:
- Inspect all Haulages, T/ways, Battery bays, Timber bays and other excavations required and ensure record of such inspection and conduct a proper workplace early and late shift.
- Examine the refuge bays in your section, sustainability, seating, first- aid equipment and communication system.
- Planned Task Observation and ensure feedback is given to safety and training departments, inspect equipment and machinery to ensure that it is in working condition and compile list of equipment and machinery in use.
- Lead a weekly safety meeting and ensure monthly physical condition audit of your section together with your team.
- Observe and enforce any Codes of Practice, any instructions, procedures, directives, permissions, exemptions etc., issued by the Mine, the DMR or any other person who is authorized to do so.
- Stop any working place when the Occupational Health and/or Safety of any such persons are endangered, or instructed to do so by the person appointed in terms of section 23 of the MHSA.
This role is in the Mining department at a C5 level reporting to the Mine Overseer.
- Grade 10.
- Valid Blasting Certificate.
- Completed Operation Shift Supervisor course.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- 3 years’ experience as a Stoping Miner /Crew Captain.
- Experience in Drop Raise Mining Method and S3 Longhole Drill Riggs is required.
Who We Are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.