Anglo American | SHE Risk Practitioner 2021
Closing Date: 22 May 2021
The Operational Risk Management (ORM) business is a key function for us, supporting the achievement of operational objectives at Anglo American Platinum (AAP).
You put safety first. That’s why we want you.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast-growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways, and airports, and our diamonds fulfill people’s dreams.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium, and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialized applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewelry; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
As the Operations Risk Practitioner, you will provide operational support in the implementation and execution of Operational Risk Management, your focus in this role will be the following:
- Planning, implementing, and coordinating the implementation of the ORM to all aspects of the operational risk profile
- Supporting and coordinating the application of the ORM regarding the four layers of risk management at the operation
- Ensuring support for the managerial oversight of delivery of operational risk targets and key results areas
- Implementing and maintaining the functioning of operational risk management IT Platform
- Reporting, monitoring, and tracking the operational risk performance to risk management role holders and operational management.
- Preparing managers / Risk Owners / Control Owners for Managerial routine engagements
- Providing risk-based operational input to operation to ensure management of material risks, audit results, and learning from Incidents.
- Providing support for the integration of operational risk management and leading operational practices and programs such as the Operating Model, incident investigation, and assurance practices.
This role is in the Operational Risk Management department at a Band 7 level reporting to the SHE Manager
You will be required to have the following:
- National Diploma in Safety, Occupational Health and Risk Management (essential)
- Certifications in management systems (9001, 14001, 18001), Audit, Legislative, Assurance and Hazard will be advantageous
Knowledge and Experience
- 5 years relevant operational mining, processing, and engineering-related experience
- Knowledge and experience with risk assessment techniques such as WRAC, Bow-tie Analysis, HAZOP/HAZAN, and other industry-recognized techniques and tools
- Regional and domestic travel may be required
- Good knowledge in Presentations, Facilitation, and Training
Who We Are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet? That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfill their potential.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.