Anglo American| Safety Officer Surface 06/05/2021
Join us as a Safety Officer Surface where you will be responsible for the management of the Safety and Risk Assurance Functions and the optimisation of the safety and risk control through design, implementation, evaluation, coordination and management of the safety and risk control systems, as well as for ensuring legal compliance at the Unit.
We take safety seriously. So, will you.
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
You will take on a range of different maintenance tasks within the SHE Department
Your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate incident investigations
- Carry out statutory inspections (30, 25, 90 days)
- Compile safety reports
- Check compliance to safety/ SHE systems
- Check and assist in corrective action management
This role is in the SHE Department at a D1 Level reporting to the Safety Manager.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Tertiary degree or diploma in Technical, Safety, Health, Environment or Risk Management
- COMSOC I & II / SAMTRAC or equivalent
- Safety management systems ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015 would be an advantage.
To be successful, you will have the following experience:
- 5 Years relevant Mining / Process / Engineering/ experience which should include developing, implementing, managing and auditing of SHE and risk control initiatives and programs
- Knowledge of SHE Incident investigation (Loss Causation / ICAM / RCAT / SCAT / AICAT/ LFI) experience
- Understanding of Safety, Occupational Health & Hygiene, Environmental Management
- Risk Assessment Techniques experience: (BOW-TIE, WRAC / SWIFT, HAZOP, FMECA, AFRAD)
- Knowledge and experience in incident investigation
- Basic Firefighting and First Aid experience
- Presentation/ Facilitation/ Training experience
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
If your application is successful, criminal and other background checks, where appropriate, will be required.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfill their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, but we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfill their potential.