Anglo American | Professional Nurse Occupational Health X2
We have an exciting opportunity for a Professional Nurse Occupational Health that will be responsible for providing quality medical occupational nursing care to all patients to establish the physical, psychological and social well-being of patients
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast-growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people’s dreams.
Our Platinum business mines, processes, and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialized applications that improve lives across the world, from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
As a Professional Nurse Occupational Health your responsibilities will include:
- Implement Safety & Health systems within the work area
- Assess the ‘fitness for duty of team members and take any subsequent necessary action
- Engage in physical safety checks, interventions, and coaching
- Report deficiencies and implement plans to address deficiencies
- Conduct continual safety audits to check that all safety requirements are being met
- Perform daily planning of activities and tasks to ensure timeous completion of tasks ahead of deadlines
- Conduct pre-employment and exit medical examination in accordance with medical examination protocols
- Conduct pre-placement and transfer medicals in accordance with medical examination protocols
- Provide a baseline health status and determine fitness for duty
- Report and assist on all injuries on duty and occupational diseases
- Assess the ability to work and the health status of an employee/client
- Ensure medical records are recorded and signed
- Grade 12
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing
- BTech or Diploma in Occupational Health Nursing
- Registered with SA Nursing Council as well as SASOHN (South African Society of Occupational Health Nursing)
- Certificate in Audiometry, Spirometry and Vision
- Basic Life Support certificate (advantageous)
- 2 + years’ experience as an Occupational Health Nurse within the mining environment will be preferable
- Administration and Record Keeping according to legal and ethical parameters
- Must have excellent people Skills, writing and administration skills
- Communication skills and critical thinking
- Must have a Driver’s license, and with own transport
- Computer proficiency
- Certificate of Fitness
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.