Anglo American | HR Officer Operations 2021
Here is an exciting opportunity to join our platinum business as an HR Officer – Employee Relations and Operations Generalist, responsible for maintenance of Human Resources practices and systems, as well as promoting effective Employee Relations practices among employees and the employer.
Zero Harm. Safe. Smart. Sustainable. Probably not the first words you typically associate with mining. But Anglo American is not your typical mining company.
Anglo American is a globally diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium, and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialized applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewelry; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
You will be fulfilling a Generalist role within the Human Resources structure and responsible for the maintenance of Human Resources practices and systems within an Operational Area.
Your role will:
- Support the management control of the HR function.
- Participate in improvement projects within the HR function.
- Identify risks and threats to the HR process/functions proactively.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for HR management or other information customers.
- Ensure that system technical data is accurately captured and secure.
- Continuously liaise with the Employee Relations Manager / co-coordinator on operational activities
- Monitor the ER process regularly to ensure conformance to and understanding of standards and procedures by clients
- Ensure co-operation and teamwork between team and stakeholders by delivering an efficient service
- Hold disciplinary and grievance inquiries as prescribed by the policy and procedures.
- NQF 6 Advanced Certificate/ National Diploma in Human Resource Management/Employee Relations
- NQF 7 Bachelor’s Degree in HRM / ER will be advantageous
Knowledge, Skills and Experience requirements
- Minimum 3 years Human Resources and ER experience with mining experience as advantageous
- CCMA experience will be highly advantageous
- Previous experience working with SAP is required
- Experience working with ER Navigator will be highly advantageous.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a globally diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate, and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, but we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfill their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing Date: 28th July 2021