Anglo American | Boilermaker Plater SF X12
As the Boilermaker you will provide engineering technical service to a surface area. Maintain, install and commission of the machinery and equipment to an agreed standard in the area of responsibility.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people’s dreams.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium.
We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
As the Boilermaker your responsibilities include to:
- Ensure that material, spares and equipment are available as required.
- Ensure proper and adequate on the job training and coaching is provided to subordinates.
- Exercise judgment with regards to replacement of components.
- Perform work to the required standards and specifications.
- Apply appropriate tools to complete tasks.
- Support, coach and participate in the training and development of subordinates and apprentices.
- Ensure effective two way open communication with subordinates and line supervisor.
- Advise defects and abnormalities to appropriate supervisor or manager.
This role is in the Engineering Department at a C2 level reporting to the Engineering Foreman.
- Grade 10 or Technical Trade Specific N2
- Certified Competent as Boilermaker or Boilermaker Trade Certificate
- Minimum 2-3 years surface experience as Boilermaker.
- Knowledge of mining activities such as conveyor belts or surface mining equipment servicing
- Advantageous: CO2 welding machine and plasma cutters knowledge
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be familiar with risk assessment procedures
- Basic Computer Literacy skills
- Driver’s license code 08
- You will be required to work overtime and do standby duties when required
- If successful, you will be required to undergo a Medical Fitness Test
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing date: 17 September 2021