Anglo American | Administrator Systems X1
Are you a, dynamic, initiative driven and pay attention to detail individual? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us. We are looking for a Systems Administrator who will be responsible for effective maintenance and availability of documentation
You put safety first. That’s why we want you.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Anglo American Platinum
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium.
We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining
As a Systems Administrator Systems you will be responsible to:
· Submit accurate, correct Safety, Health, Hygiene and Environmental assurance information for internal and external reports within defined deadlines. Review and confirm data integrity on the systems prior to reporting periods.
- Identify where data errors are and correct accordingly
- Upload assurance action plans on a continuous basis onto IsoMetrix for monitoring purposes
- Generate ad-hoc specific Safety, Health, Hygiene and Environmental assurance reports for the SHE Coordinator, as required
- Follow up on overdue actions, awaiting verification; ensuring that all evidence linked to the specific report is saved.
- Generate regular site-specific Safety, Health, Hygiene and Environmental assurance reports
- Maintenance of SHE databases and assisting with the development and maintenance of SHE systems.
- Ensuring preparation of HOD and other presentations as well as maintenance of weekly, monthly and annual SHE assurance reports.
- Ensuring the entrenchment and maintenance of the document management system for the SHE department
The role is in the SHE / Safety department at a Band C2 level, reporting to the SHE Coordinator: Due Diligence And Audit
- Grade 12
- ISO9001:2015 Understanding (Compulsory)
- Administration qualification (advantageous)
Knowledge & Skills required:
- 2 years administrative experience with IsoMetrix in a SHE department in the mining / processing sector
- Strong MS Office, Excel (e.g. pivot tables) and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge and understanding Integrated SHE systems such as ISO9001, ISO14000 and ISO45000 (advantageous)
- SAP experience (advantageous)
- Organisational Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
Since safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines have become widely available this year, we have strongly encouraged employees to get vaccinated at the earliest possible opportunity. However, as vaccines have been proven to be a very effective and safe way of protecting people and reducing Covid-19 transmission, we have now announced our intent to introduce a policy that requires Covid-19 vaccination for access to all sites and offices. This policy would apply to all new joiners to the company as well as existing employees and contractors.
We are in the process of undertaking a comprehensive engagement process with all our stakeholders about our intent. This is so we can tailor our approach in each country, including ensuring what we do is lawful. Once this is complete, we will look to implement the policy. There may be differences in how and when it is implemented due to local context and legal requirements.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing Date: 28 March 2022