Table of Contents
Amazon | Customer Service Associate – Onsite – Seasonal Contract 2023
Role: Seasonal Customer Service Associate
Job Type: Seasonal- 3 months Contract
Pay Rate: R 67.35 per hour
Location: Cape Town – Onsite
Our mission at Amazon is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, and our award-winning Customer Service team is a key part of achieving that goal. Doing our best for our customers is where we get our energy, and that’s why you’ll find we approach things differently here. You won’t be asked to read from a script or learn dialogue by heart. Instead we’ll provide you with the training you need to problem solve for our customers. You’ll bring your unique personality to every customer conversation and deliver the exceptional support experience our customers love.
What will you do as a Customer Service Associate?
As an Amazon Customer Service Associate, you have a very clear purpose: to prevent issues, solve queries, and delight our customers. You’ll be the first point of contact for our UK customers by answering their requests through phone, chat and/or email – this includes everything from order and product questions to payment matters and website guidance. Our Customer Service Associates use a variety of tools to navigate, research, and review solutions, and communicate effectively with customers.
What are your hours?
This role requires working variable hours to match when customers need us most. You will work overnight/day /late shifts and your work week is minimum 40 hours for example: 4x10hrs or 5x8hrs. In order to match our customer demand, we schedule based on a variety of different shift patterns operating of 24 hours Sunday to Monday. You will receive your work schedule at least 2 weeks in advance and your shifts may change every couple of weeks. You may be required to work national holidays and will be compensated accordingly. You will learn more about your exact schedule closer to your start date.
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Have the right to work in South Africa
- We require candidates to h ave completed an NQF Level 4 qualification or a Grade 12 qualification or higher. An overall minimum of 50% is required, as well as a minimum of 50% in English
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and oral fluency)
- Experience working with a computer
- The availability to work varying shifts from Monday to Sunday operating within 24 hours
- Willingness and ability to work in rotating shifts (i.e. early, late, overnight, weekend, and overtime as required)
What experience is required?
- 1+ years’experience in an inbound Customer Service associate role, in a BPO or a contact center supporting phone calls (Preferred), and/or
- 1+ years’experience in an high-end retail Customer Service environment
What strengths will you bring?
- Hard-working, articulate, and detail-oriented
- Friendly and customer-focused in every situation
- Ability to learn quickly and embrace change
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a high-energy environment.
What benefits will you receive?
You’ll receive training and be provided with a complete equipment package when you join. Additionally, we offer a number of benefits, including:
- Amazon employee discount
- Expert training and ongoing opportunities to learn more and develop your skills
If this role sounds like it’s for you, then click on the link below to start the application process!
You’ll need to allow 3 hours to complete the full application, including assessments which will evaluate your suitability for the role. We recommend using a laptop/desktop computer in order to get the best experience. You will have the option to save your application between each stage of the application process and return to it if necessary, but we strongly advise you to complete the process in one sitting where possible.
If successful, we will contact you about the next steps!
Amazon is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion for discovering, inventing, simplifying and building.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.