Allan Gray | Internship Opportunity 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 21 May 2021
Location: Cape Town
Each year, we aim to recruit and invest in academic achievers who are motivated and enthusiastic about joining our firm. We recruit recent graduates mostly into permanent positions from day one. There is a compulsory four-week orientation. After orientation, the graduates are taken through the Allan Gray academy, which is an ‘incubated’ functional training environment. This lasts for a period of three to six months, depending on the role. The result: graduates in real roles, taking their first steps towards achieving their long-term ambitions.
- To service Allan Gray investors, potential investors, and financial advisers via our various servicing channels i.e. inbound calls, emails, or walk-in interactions through:
- Discussion and explanation of all funds and products offered by Allan Gray.
- Assisting clients with process information and quotes.
- Assisting clients with the tracking and follow-up of transactions in progress.
- Responding to queries regarding investment performance.
- Clarifying and explaining Allan Gray’s investment approach and philosophy.
- To ensure accurate record-keeping through service-related administrative tasks.
- To assist with database updates and information maintenance.
- To support a positive and responsive climate for client enquiry resolution.
- To play a key role in the stewardship of positive client relationships and the retention of clients.
- To build and establish relationships at all levels with internal departments to enhance organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- To actively participate in the firm’s continuous improvement by identifying and proposing solutions to process and service-related failures.
We value academic excellence and a long-term perspective. We are looking for focused and resilient final year students who share our values: performance-driven, individually accountable, and independent-minded who are completing a Bachelor’s degree in the following fields.
- Bachelor’s Degree – specialization includes, but is not limited to Commerce, Business Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 70%
Skills and Experience
The skills that the successful incumbent is expected to demonstrate will include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Essential)
- Client focused, friendly and empathetic manner
- High adaptability, vigour, resilience, agility
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to deal with complexity
- Ability to prioritize and function positively under pressure
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Accept accountability and take responsibility for tasks done
- Computer literate
- Knowledge and interest in finance and investment management (Advantageous)
- Multilingual (Advantageous)
By uploading a separate document on the Motivation section, please motivate why you feel you are the best person for the Graduate Intake Opportunity.
Only candidates who have uploaded the following attachments will be considered:
- Motivational letter
- Matric certificate
- Full academic transcripts (certificates are not sufficient – we want to see your results)