POST 04/89: ADMINISTRATION CLERK
REF NO: 150219/16 NWRI Central Operations Admin Support
SALARY: R163 563 per annum (Level 05)
CENTRE: Jericho Dam (Usutu River)
- A Grade 12 certificate.
- Good knowledge of PFMA, PPPFA, Treasury Regulations and other government policies.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Telephone etiquette, sound knowledge and application of government and administration 65 procedures.
- Client orientation and customer focus.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels and work in a team environment. Good communication skills both (verbal and Written).
- Computer literacy skills (Ms Word, excel), good interpersonal relationship skills and must be able to work under pressure.
- One (1) year relevant experience in government administration will serve as an added advantage.
- Management of the switchboard and reception area.
- Attending to all incoming and outgoing calls and transferring them to appropriate officials for further actions.
- Taking and relaying messages.
- Attending to walk-in visitors/customers and ensuring that they are timeously attended to.
- Direct incoming calls/Enquiries to relevant officials who can help accordingly.
- Register all incoming mail and oversee delivery thereof.
- Keeping updated registers and implements systems and procedures for tracking and tracing of correspondence documents.
- Ensure a clean, neat reception area. Administer flights, accommodation and conference requests. Coordinate booking confirmation vouchers, booking cancellations, changes and re-scheduling and constant feedback to officials. Ensure implementation and compliance to departmental corporate travel processes and procedures.
- Coordinate Area Office`s travel submissions for approval. Maintain an efficient filling system.
- Keeping updated register and databases. Implement systems, procedures for tracking and tracing of travel documents.
- Administer landline telephones and mobile contracts in liaising with relevant Administrators.
- Manage photocopier machines and provide photocopier and binding services for the office.
- Liaise with client and service providers with regards to photocopier machines toners and switchboard related issues.
- Provide administrative support to the Area Manager
ENQUIRIES: Ms L Makhoana Tel No: (012) 741 7315
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications to the Acting Scheme Manager Central Operations NWRI, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X 1004, Usutu River, Amsterdam, 2375.
ATTENTION: Thomo K.E
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.