Administration Clerk (8 Posts)
- Reference Number: refs/008831
- Directorate: Patient Administration
- Number of Posts: 8
- Package: R 173 703.00 – R 204 612.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries: Mr. AB Nhlapo Tel: 012 529 3045
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with relevant experience in PATIENT ADMINISTRATION. Minimum of six (6) months experience of training on MEDICOM in PATIENT ADMINISTRATION (Proof of training must be attached). Good communication skills, computer literacy, be prepared to rotate and operate as a reliever in all sections of the Patient Administration. Be prepared to work shifts and extra hours if required to do so by your supervisor
- Registering of patients both manually and Electronically, proper management of and timeous management of Downtimes. Ensure effective Booking System Electronically and manually when the system is down. Managing waiting times in all the Out patients’ clinics. Filing of patient files or other documents in the patient’s file, file control including X-Ray reports. Provide effective and efficient service to patients by practicing Batho Pele Principles. Making copies of records from the information system in place or hard copies. Perform duties in accordance with job descriptions. Capture all patient admissions/discharge, transfers in/out, and deaths on the MEDICOM system. Enter patient admissions/discharge, transfers in/out, and deaths in TPH 21 and Nominal Book. Check/verify the TPH 21(Midnight Census Book and Nominal Book. Admission Register) for all admissions/discharges, transfers in/out, deaths against the MEDICOM system to ensure the correctness before submitting to Health Information Management Unit (Statistics Office. Liaise with all the OPD admin staff on all Appointments of discharged patients from the ward. Managing the movements of all inpatients. Order all stock on medico and manually (stationery, medical expandable, hardware, and cleaning material, and other relevant material resources). Follow-up stock ordered with Supply Chain Management Unit and other relevant Units. Receive all stock ordered.
- NB: All successful applicants shall be subjected to a robust verification to ascertain the authenticity of the CV and proof of experience provided. CLOSING TIME WILL BE 12H00 ON THE CLOSING DATE: The Provincial Government of Gauteng is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity in employment, especially of race, gender, and disability. Applications must be submitted on a new updated Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website and must be completed in full, failure to do so will result in your application being not considered. Applicants are advised that until 31 December 2020 the ‘previous’ application for employment (Z83) form will be applicable, however from 1 January 2021, a new application for employment (Z83) form will be effective. Should an individual wish to apply for a post on or after 1 January 2021, he/she will be required to submit the new application for employment form (Z83) which can be downloaded at www.dpsa.gov.za-vacancies. From 1 January 2021 should an application be received using the incorrect application form employment (Z83), it will not be considered. Recently certified copies of qualifications, ID copy, and a CV must be attached. Original certification should be no more than six months. The specific reference must be quoted. Applications can be delivered to: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital, 3111 Setlogelo Drive, Ga-Rankuwa, 0208 Nurses Home Block 13 (HR Registry) or posted to: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital, Private Bag X422, Pretoria 0001 or Apply online at www.gautengonline.gov.za. It is a legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members are subjected to Personnel Suitability Check (PSC)- Verification, upon appointment within the department. This verification process entails reference checks, identity verification, qualification verification, criminal records checks. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within OHS Act 85 of 1993.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital
Closing Date: 03-06-2021
|Do you have Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with relevant experience in Patient Administration?|
|Do you have six (6) months of experience of training on MEDICOM in Patient Administration and do you have proof of training attached?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.