POST 04/92: ADMINISTRATION CLERK
REF NO: 150219/19
Branch: Chief Operations Office SD: Corporate Services
SALARY: R163 563 per annum (Level 05)
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent qualification.
- No previous experience required.
- Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Technical knowledge / Competencies: Knowledge of clerical functions, practices as well as the ability to capture data, operate computer and collate administrative statistics.
- Basic knowledge and insight of Human Resources prescripts. Knowledge of basic financial operating systems (PERSAL, BAS LOGIS, etc.).
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service.
- Knowledge of working procedures in terms of the working environment.
- Good interpersonal relations. Team work and flexibility.
- Client orientation and customer focus.
Render general clerical support services.
Make photocopies and receive or send facsimiles. Distribute documents / packages to various stakeholders as required.
Type letters and / or other correspondences when required. Keep and maintain the coming and outgoing document register of the component.
Provide financial administration support services in the component.
Provide supply chain management support services within the component.
Stock control of offices stationery. Keep and maintain the asset register of the component.
Provide personnel administration clerical support services within the component. Maintain a leave register for the component.
Arrange travelling and accommodation.
Check correctness of subsistence and travel claims of officials and submit to the manager for approval. Handle telephone accounts and petty cash for the component.
Relieve the Switchboard operator when required.
Update contact list when need arises.
Report faulty telephones.
Assist with conducting building inspections and report faults identified.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Singwane B.G Tel No: 013-759 7539
APPLICATIONS: Mpumalanga (Mbombela): Please forward your applications quoting the relevant reference number to: The Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X 11259, Mbombela 1200, or hand deliver to the Department of Water and Sanitation 67 at the reception ground floor, Prorom Building, 35 Brown Street – Corner Brown & Paul Kruger Streets, Mbombela.
ATTENTION: Mr MJ Nzima
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment. The candidate must be medically fit.