Ref No: OD0020/19
City of Johannesburg & Sedibeng – Permanent
Do you enjoy working in HIV and TB programmes within health facilities or in the community? Are you passionate about good quality clinical care for People living with or exposed to HIV? Then look no further, we are looking for Enrolled Nurses to provide direct clinical services including assessing, screening and testing of clients for HIV, TB, STI and Non-Communicable Diseases within public health facilities in City of Johannesburg and Sedibeng Districts.
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Perform HIV Testing Services for clients presenting at health facilities and/or their partners; and appropriate referral;
- Screen clients for STIs, TB, Hypertension, Diabetes and refer for provision of symptomatic management;
- Provide phlebotomy services for baseline blood tests, VL and other monitoring bloods for patients already on ART.
- Provide and promote correct and consistent use of condoms and other contraceptives as per scope of work;
- Keep a daily record of the number of tests done, viral load specimens collected, with patient details, including specimen barcodes
- Follow-up on results of all clients who have had a viral load and other tests done; ensure results are recorded in the patient file and captured by a data capturer onto TIER.Net
Essential qualifications and experience
- Grade 12 certificate
- Enrolled Nursing certificate or equivalent qualification
- Valid registration with South African Nursing Council as an Enrolled Nurse
- Minimum of 2 years’ related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 1 year of experience working in the field of HIV/TB public healthcare environment
- Basic TB/HIV/STI management certificate and counselling skills (an advantage)
- Reproductive health management certificate (an advantage)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Innovative, proactive and a team player with good problem solving skills
- Empathy and understanding of issues of people living with HIV and AIDS
Submit your CV and application letter to Stompie Xulu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line for a quicker response. Good luck!